Use the Non-Filers tool by September 30 if you have not already given us your qualifying child’s information to get a $500 catch-up payment. For information about qualifying children, see our Social Security, Railroad Retirement and Department of Veteran Affairs benefit recipients frequently asked questions.
For additional questions regarding the Get My Payment application check out our Get My Payment FAQs.
Millions of Americans have already received their Economic Impact Payments (Payments) authorized by the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (CARES Act). The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) continues to calculate and automatically send the Payments to most eligible individuals, however some may have to provide additional information to the IRS to get their Payments. Below are frequently asked questions, separated by topic, related to these Payments. These questions and answers will be updated periodically. Please DO NOT call the IRS.
- Topic A: EIP Eligibility and General Information
- Topic B: Requesting My Economic Impact Payment
- Topic C: Calculating My Economic Impact Payment
- Topic D: Receiving My Payment
- Topic E: EIP Cards
- Topic F: Payment Issued but Lost, Stolen, Destroyed or Not Received
- Topic G: Non-Filers Tool
- Topic H: Social Security, Railroad Retirement and Department of Veteran Affairs benefit recipients
- Topic I: Returning the Economic Impact Payment
- Topic J: Reconciling on your 2020 tax return