- Small and Mid-Size Tax-Exempt Organizations Workshops
One-day workshops on tax compliance for small and mid-size tax-exempt organizations
- Employee Plans conferences, presentations and educational events
Meet Employee Plans representatives at the events shown on these calendars
- Advisory Committee on Tax Exempt and Government Entities
Enables IRS to receive regular input with respect to the development and implementation of IRS policy concerning tax-exempt and government entities
- Taxpayer Advocacy Panel (TAP)
A unique opportunity to participate in the improvement of both the American tax administration system and the Internal Revenue Service
- Internal Revenue Service Advisory Council (IRSAC)
An organized public forum for IRS officials and representatives of the public to discuss relevant tax administration issues
- Information Reporting Program Advisory Committee (IRPAC)
Advises the IRS on information reporting issues of mutual concern to the private sector and the federal government
- Nationwide Tax Forum Information
Attend the IRS Nationwide Tax Forums to learn the latest in tax administration, mingle with industry partners and earn CPE credits
On the Phone
- Issue Management Resolution System (IMRS)
Provides an avenue for tax professional and stakeholder organizations to elevate significant issues regarding IRS policies, practices and procedures.
On the Web
- Contact the IRS
Web page that tells how to call, write or e-mail the IRS with questions or feedback
- Online Internal Revenue Bulletins
The online Internal Revenue Bulletin (IRB) is the authoritative instrument of the IRS for announcing all substantive ruling necessary to promote a uniform application of tax law
- Internal Revenue Manual
The Internal Revenue Manual (IRM) is the primary source of IRS’ policies, procedures and guidance to ensure fair and consistent application of the nation’s tax laws, as well as fair and consistent treatment of taxpayers.
- IRS YouTube channel
Provides short, informative videos on various tax related topics in English, American Sign Language (ASL) and a variety of foreign languages
- IRS (IRSnews) on Twitter
The IRS uses Twitter to tweet about various tax-related announcements, news for tax professionals and hiring initiatives
- IRS Facebook
The IRS Facebook pages post useful information for general public in English and Spanish tax professionals.
- IRS Return Preparer Office on Facebook
The IRS uses Facebook to communicate about the latest news for federal tax return preparers.
- IRS Instagram
Shares taxpayer-friendly information to help people Get Ready for the tax season, navigate tax law changes, and latest tax scam information.
- Webinars for tax-exempt organizations, small businesses and tax professionals provide educational opportunities on a wide range of topics. Many are interactive events that invite participants to submit questions
- Freedom of Information Act (FOIA)
FOIA provides public access to agency records unless protected from disclosure by one of the FOIA’s nine exemptions or three exclusions
- Tax Statistics
Wide range of tables, articles and data that describe and measure elements of the U.S. tax system
- IRS Video Portal hosts video and audio presentations for small businesses, individuals and tax professionals, including:
- Taxpayer Advocacy Panel (TAP) is a component of Taxpayer Advocate
The TAP regularly solicits citizen input for issues to be worked with the IRS
- Taxpayer Advocate Service (TAS) is an independent organization within the IRS which help taxpayers resolve problems with the IRS and recommend changes that will prevent the problems.
- Systemic Advocacy Management System (SAMS)
The SAMS allows taxpayers to identify systemic issues they are experiencing with the IRS
- Public comment e-mailboxes
Seeks input on various issues
- IRS Subscription Newsletters
Receive timely information posted on IRS.gov via e-mail
- Employee Plans Videos
Learn how-to choose a retirement plan, correct mistakes or handle an audit
- Tax Tools for Tribes
An informational CD-ROM Reference and Education Tool
- Consultation listening meetings
Tribes may request periodic opportunity to raise concerns and offer suggestions
The IRS open government initiative is a part of the overall Treasury initiative for open government.