Tips are available on the following parts of the Form 990, Return of Organization Exempt from Income Tax, and its schedules.
- Reporting of Financial Information - Joint Ventures & Other Partnerships
- Form 990 Attachments
- Governance (Part VI)
- Reporting Executive Compensation (Part VII and Schedule J)
- Public Charity Status and Public Support (Schedule A)
- Financial Information (Part VIII and IX, Schedule D)
- Reporting Foreign Activities (Schedule F)
- Transactions with Interested Persons (Schedule L)
- Related Organizations (Schedule R)
Learn more about the benefits, limitations and expectations of tax-exempt organizations by attending 10 courses at the online Small to Mid-Size Tax Exempt Organization Workshop.
- Annual reporting & filing for exempt organizations
- Form 990 series - forms and instructions
- Annual electronic filing requirement for small organizations