Do NOT use this tool if you will be filing a 2019 return. Using the tool instead of filing your 2019 return will slow down processing of your tax return and receiving any tax refund.
Non-Filers: Enter Payment Info Here is a free IRS tool that allows you to easily and quickly provide us the necessary 2019 information about yourself and any eligible spouse or qualifying children (Children under the age of 17 at the end of 2019). We will use this information to determine your eligibility and payment amount and send you an Economic Impact Payment. After providing this information, you won’t need to take any additional action.
When should I use the Non-Filers: Enter Payment Info Here tool?
Who is eligible for the Economic Impact Payment?
U.S. citizens, permanent residents and qualifying resident aliens who:
- Have a valid Social Security number,
- Could not be claimed as a dependent of another taxpayer, and
- Had adjusted gross income under certain limits.
Who will receive the Economic Impact Payment automatically without taking additional steps?
Most eligible U.S. taxpayers will automatically receive their Economic Impact Payments including:
- Individuals who filed a federal income tax for 2018 or 2019
- Those receiving Social Security retirement, disability (SSDI), survivor benefits
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI) recipients
- Recipients of Veterans Affairs Compensation and Pension (C&P) benefits
- Individuals who receive Railroad Retirement (RRB) benefits
Who should use Non-Filers: Enter Payment Info Here to provide additional information to receive the Economic Impact Payment?
Use the Non-Filers: Enter Payment Info Here tool if:
- You are not required to file a federal income tax return for 2019 for any reason including:
- Your income is less than $12,200
- You’re married filing jointly and together your income is less than $24,400
- You have no income
To determine if you are required to file a 2019 tax return or if you should file to get a refund, use our Interactive Tax Assistant tool – Do I Need to File a Tax Return? – and answer basic questions.
We’ve provided English and Spanish options for you to enter your information. Clicking either button below will take you from the IRS site to one of our Free File Alliance partners. The sites are safe and secure.
Information You will Need to Provide
- Full name, current mailing address and an email address
- Date of birth and valid Social Security number
- Bank account number, type and routing number, if you have one
- Identity Protection Personal Identification Number (IP PIN) you received from the IRS earlier this year, if you have one
- Taxpayers who previously have been issued an Identity Protection PIN but lost it, must use the Get an IP PIN tool to retrieve their numbers
- Driver’s license or state-issued ID, if you have one
- For each qualifying child during 2019: name, Social Security number or Adoption Taxpayer Identification Number and their relationship to you or your spouse
What to Expect
Follow these steps in order to provide your information:
- Create an account by providing your email address and phone number; and establishing a user ID and password.
- You will be directed to a screen where you will input your filing status (Single or Married filing jointly) and personal information.
- Note: Make sure you have a valid Social Security number for you (and your spouse if you were married at the end of 2019) unless you are filing “Married Filing Jointly” with a 2019 member of the military. Make sure you have a valid Social Security number or Adoption Taxpayer Identification Number for each dependent you want to claim for the Economic Impact Payment.
- Check the “box” if someone can claim you as a dependent or your spouse as a dependent.
- Complete your bank information (otherwise we will send you a check).
- You will be directed to another screen where you will enter personal information to verify yourself. Simply follow the instructions. You will need your driver’s license (or state-issued ID) information. If you don’t have one, leave it blank.
You will receive an e-mail from Customer Service at Free File Fillable Forms, a trusted IRS partner, that either acknowledges you have successfully submitted your information, or that tells you there is a problem and how to correct it. Free File Fillable forms will use the information to automatically complete a Form 1040 and transmit it to the IRS to compute and send you a payment.
Reminder for SSA, VA, SSI and RRB Benefit Recipients with Dependents
The IRS has already scheduled payments to taxpayers based on Social Security retirement, disability (SSDI), or survivor benefits, Railroad Retirement benefits. Supplemental Security Income (SSI) and Veterans Affairs (C&P) benefit payments will be scheduled shortly for payment in mid-May. However, the window has closed to use this tool for these recipients who have a child and don’t normally file a tax return. These recipients who do not receive a payment that includes up to $500 for any qualifying children can file a tax return next year to determine their payment based on 2020 and claim any additional amount they weren’t paid this year.