Economic Stimulus Payments Q&As: Change of Address


Avi: Kontni Istorik

Sa a se yon dokiman achiv oswa istorik e li ka pa reprezante lwa, règleman oswa pwosedi aktyèl yo.

July 16, 2008

Following are answers to questions regarding the economic stimulus payments. Scroll down for change-of-address information or choose from one of the following categories:

  1. Eligibility
  2. When Will I Get the Payment?
  3. Did I Get the Right Amount?
  4. Amended Returns
  5. Change of Address
  6. Taxpayer Identification Numbers
  7. Direct Deposit
  8. Armed Forces
  9. Business
  10. Taxpayers Outside the U.S., Offsets and Other Questions

Change of Address

Q. To which address will my stimulus payment be mailed?

A. The stimulus payment will be mailed to your last known address the IRS has on file.

Q. I have moved since filing my 2007 tax return. How will my payment reach me?

A. Anytime that you move, you should file a Form 8822PDF with the IRS and a change of address notice with the U.S. Postal Service. This will ensure correspondence and payments from the IRS will be sent to your new address. If the check has already been mailed and you did not provide an update, the check will likely be returned to the IRS. You may call the IRS at 1-866-234-2942 to report a new address so your check can be reissued.