IRS Tax Tip 2015-10, February 2, 2015
It’s easier than ever to get what you need from the IRS. Here are the best ways to get the services and products you need to do your taxes:
- E-file your return. The best way to file is joining with nearly 126 million taxpayers who used IRS e-file last year. E-file is the safe, accurate and easier way to file your tax return. If you use IRS Free File, you can prepare and file your taxes for free. Free File is only available on IRS.gov. Go to IRS.gov/filing and review your options.
- Use IRS.gov. Get what you need 24 hours a day 7 days a week on IRS.gov. Click on the "Tools" link on the home page for a number of online tools. You can get answers to your tax questions with the Interactive Tax Assistant and the IRS Tax Map. Use ‘Where’s My Refund?’ to check the status of your refund. Use the EITC Assistant to see if you’re eligible for the Earned Income Tax Credit. To view and download tax products, click on the ‘Forms and Pubs’ tab on the home page. You can often view, download or print the many tax products that appear online before paper versions are available.
- Get tax products online. If you e-file your tax return, you don't need to prepare or mail any paper forms to the IRS. If you still need paper forms or publications you can visit IRS.gov to view, download or print what you need right away. As an alternative, you can go to IRS.gov/orderforms and place an order. If you can’t order online, you can call the IRS at 800-829-3676 to place an order.
If you found this Tax Tip helpful, please share it through your social media platforms. A great way to get tax information is to use IRS Social Media. You can also subscribe to IRS Tax Tips or any of our e-news subscriptions.
Additional IRS Resources:
- Publication 910, IRS Guide to Free Tax Services
- Publication 5136, IRS Services Guide
IRS YouTube Videos:
- Welcome to Free File – English (Obsolete)
- Help for Taxpayers – English | ASL (Obsolete)
- Interactive Tax Assistant – English | ASL (Obsolete)
- When Will I Get My Refund? – English | Spanish | ASL
- See If You Qualify for the Earned Income Tax Credit – English | ASL (Obsolete)
- Earned Income Tax Credit - 2015 – Spanish (Obsolete)
- Help for Taxpayers – English (Obsolete)
- Interactive Tax Assistant – English (Obsolete)
- When Will I Get My Refund? – English | Spanish (Obsolete)