National Work and Family Month was established in 2003 by a Senate resolution. The month of October was chosen to help communicate and celebrate progress towards creating more flexible work environments and helping individuals better balance their work-life commitments.
The Internal Revenue Service is participating in National Work and Family Month by issuing a series of informative tips on work-life balance throughout the month of October. The agency plans a series of news releases, fact sheets and tax tips. Topics covered include family-owned businesses, family tax credits, military tax benefits and scams and security issues.
- October 8, 2019 – IRS celebrates National Work and Family Month
- October 15, 2019 - IRS celebrates military families during National Work and Family Month
- October 22,2019 - IRS urges families, teens to make online safety a priority
- October 3, 2019 - Here’s how the credit for other dependents can benefit taxpayer
- October 7, 2019 - The earned income tax credit can put money in taxpayers’ pockets
- October 9, 2019 - The child tax credit benefits eligible parents
- October 17, 2019 - Taxpayers can compare eligibility and benefits of two education credits
- October 8, 2019 - Employers may claim tax credit for providing paid family and medical leave to employees
- October 15, 2019 - Tax situations when taking care of a family member
- October 23, 2019 - Tax treatment for family members working in the family business
Instagram: Access the new account, IRSNews at https://www.instagram.com/irsnews or the Instagram app.
- YouTube: Features video tips in English, Spanish and American Sign Language.
- Twitter: Follow @IRSnews for tax announcements. @IRStaxpros tweets news for tax professionals. @IRSenEspanol has information in Spanish. @IRStaxsecurity posts scam alerts.
- Facebook. News and information for taxpayers and tax return preparers, also in Spanish.
- LinkedIn. The IRS shares agency updates and job opportunities.
- Small Business and Self-Employed Tax Center
- Tax Benefits for Education: Information Center
- E-news subscriptions
- Section 45S Employer Credit for Paid Family and Medical Leave FAQs
- Employee Frequently Asked Questions - Leave and Benefits
- Military Family Tax Benefits
- Adoption Credit at a Glance
- Sharing Economy Tax Center
- Disability and Earned Income Tax Credit
- Work Opportunity Tax Credit
- Qualifying Life Events
- Tax Information for Parents
- Adoption Credit and Adoption Assistance Programs
- Publication 5307, Tax Reform Basics for Individuals and Families
- About Publication 926, Household Employer's Tax Guide
- About Publication 503, Child and Dependent Care Expenses
- About Publication 970, Tax Benefits for Education