Does the organization need to submit any documents with the Form 1023 application?
A complete application will include one or more documents in addition to Form 1023. Pay.gov can accommodate only one uploaded file. Before submitting Form 1023, the organization must consolidate the following attachments into a single PDF file:
- Organizing document (required)
- Amendments to the organizing document in chronological order (required if applicable)
- Bylaws or other rules of operation and amendments (if adopted)
- Form 2848, Power of Attorney and Declaration of Representative (if applicable)
- Form 8821, Tax Information Authorization (if applicable)
- Supplemental responses (if the response won’t fit in the provided text field) and any additional information the organization want to provide to support the application (optional)
- Expedite request (optional)
Put the organization’s name and Employer Identification Number (EIN) on each page of the supplemental response and identify the Part and Line number to which the information relates.