About Form 4852, Substitute for Form W-2, Wage and Tax Statement, or Form 1099-R, Distributions From Pensions, Annuities, Retirement or Profit-Sharing Plans, IRAs, Insurance Contracts, etc.

Form 4852 serves as a substitute for Form W-2, Form W-2c, and Form 1099-R (original or corrected), and is completed by taxpayers or their representatives when:

  • Their employer or payer does not give them a Form W-2 or Form 1099-R.
  • An employer or payer has issued an incorrect Form W-2 or Form 1099-R.

Current Revision

Recent Developments

None at this time.

Other Items You May Find Useful