If you're an individual taxpayer, you can use this tool to view:
- Your payoff amount, updated for the current calendar day
- The balance for each tax year for which you owe
- Up to 24 months of your payment history
- Key information from your current tax year return as originally filed.
Once you have viewed your information, you can:
- Select an electronic payment option
- Go directly to Get Transcript without having to log in again
- Your balance will update no more than once every 24 hours, usually overnight.
- Allow 1 to 3 weeks for payments to appear in the payment history.
This tool is available during the following hours:
- Monday 6:00 a.m. to Saturday 9:00 p.m. ET
- Sunday: 10:00 a.m. to midnight ET (Occasionally down additional hours for maintenance)
There are compatibility issues with some assistive technologies. Refer to the accessibility guide for help if you use a screen reader, screen magnifier or voice command software.
Other ways to find out how much you owe
- If you're a business, or an individual who filed a form other than 1040, you can obtain a transcript by submitting Form 4506-T, Request for Transcript of Tax Return.
- Individual taxpayers who filed a Form 1040, 1040A or 1040EZ can request an Account Transcript. Please note that each Account Transcript only covers a single tax year, and may not show the most recent penalties, interest, changes or pending actions.
- Find more assistance.