In recognition of National Small Business Week, May 5 - 11, the Internal Revenue Service is highlighting several resources to help small business owners and self-employed individuals understand and meet their tax obligations.
If you’re running a small business, IRS has a new resource for you to get tips and updates on Twitter @IRSsmallbiz.
For small business week, IRS will have a series of news releases on various topics including withholding, estimated payments and depreciation and expensing.
- May 13, 2019 - Recapping highlights from National Small Business Week 2019
- May 10, 2019 - IRS highlights credits and deductions for businesses during Small Business Week
- May 9, 2019 - During Small Business Week, IRS spotlights expanded tax benefits for depreciation and expensing
- May 8, 2019 - During Small Business Week, IRS urges businesses to make estimated tax payments so they don’t owe
- May 7, 2019 - New requirement applies to any business seeking a tax ID number; IRS offers data security tips during National Small Business Week
- May 6, 2019 - For Small Business Week: Backup withholding rate now 24 percent, bonuses 22 percent; workers urged to do a Paycheck Checkup
- May 2, 2019 - IRS urges data security, paying estimated taxes; highlights tax benefits, online resources during Small Business Week
- May 10, 2019 - Small businesses can benefit from deducting vehicle costs on their taxes
- May 9, 2019 - Businesses should review depreciation deductions rules
- May 8, 2019 - It pays for employers to file payroll taxes electronically
- May 7, 2019 - Taking care of business: recordkeeping for small businesses
- May 6, 2019 - Here's how small businesses can connect with the IRS over social media
- May 2, 2019 - IRS.gov has resources to help business owners understand taxes
These short articles can be used as a drop-in article for your websites, in electronic products, publications, etc.
- Taxpayers can get tax info on social media
- Credit benefits employers providing paid family and medical leave
- Employers: Consider benefits of filing payroll taxes electronically
- Changes to depreciation limits on luxury automobiles
- Home office deduction benefits small business owners
- Common questions about recordkeeping for small businesses
- Taxpayers may be eligible for a qualified business income deduction
- An estimated tax payment could help avoid a penalty
- Tax law changes business expensing
- 100-percent depreciation deduction for businesses
- Tax law offers 100-percent, first-year ‘bonus’ depreciation
- How to protect your private tax data
- Instagram: Access the new account, IRSNews at https://www.instagram.com/irsnews or the Instagram app.
- YouTube: Features video tips in English, Spanish and American Sign Language.
- Twitter: Follow @IRSnews for tax announcements. @IRStaxpros tweets news for tax professionals. @IRSenEspanol has information in Spanish. @IRStaxsecurity posts scam alerts.
- Facebook. News and information for taxpayers and tax return preparers, also in Spanish.
- LinkedIn. The IRS shares agency updates and job opportunities.