Exempt Organizations Update
EO Update is a periodic newsletter with information for tax-exempt organizations and tax practitioners who represent them, from Exempt Organizations (Tax-Exempt and Government Entities Division) at the IRS.
Subscribe to future editions.
Browse the archive.
Recent edition – April 27, 2016
Register for IRS May 12 webinar: Reporting compensation on Form 990 and Form 990-EZ
1-2 p.m., ET
- How to report compensation
- How to complete Form 990 and Form 990-EZ
- What has to be reported
- Other compensation
- Highest compensated employees
Register for this webinar.
Read IRS TE/GE “Issue Snapshots”
The IRS Tax Exempt and Government Entities (TE/GE) Knowledge Management team periodically issues research summaries called “Issue Snapshots” on tax-related issues for practitioners. They are posted on IRS.gov’s electronic reading room page under “Training and Reference Materials.” Bookmark and check the page often for helpful new materials.
Recent articles include:
- IRC Section 4942, Taxes on Failure to Distribute Income - Carryover of Excess Distributions or Undistributed Income
- Employers Must Withhold FICA Taxes for Aliens who Change Visa Status to H-1B
- Excise tax on Federal Foreign Procurement Payments
- Lessening the Burdens of Government as a Basis for Tax Exemption under IRC Section 501(c)(3)
IRS seeks volunteers for Taxpayer Advocacy Panel through May 16
The IRS seeks civic-minded volunteers to serve on the Taxpayer Advocacy Panel, a federal advisory committee that listens to taxpayers, identifies major taxpayer concerns, and makes recommendations for improving IRS service and customer satisfaction.